Tuesday, April 10, 2012

mmmmm ... cupcakes :)

Had a craving this evening for something different than the usual evening snacks ... wanted sweeter, wanted something with cake yet not that large ... so I decided to do cupcakes ~

Now I sit and read people's lovely blogs, and websites and facebook pages full of lovely recipes but you know what I am not a natural baker ... I don't have the pantry I crave or the time to make one so I went to the next best thing ... a great mix and then add some touches of my own ;)  Why fight with getting something exactly right with a bunch of ingredients I don't carry in my house (because they would likely go bad - as some things have done - before I would use them) when there are people who have done that sometimes tricky measuring and I have a lovely start.  :)


So I grabbed a carob cake & muffin mix to start :)

In a medium sized bowl I put one slightly ripening banana - mashed it very well with a fork - then I added the 3 eggs - and with the fork I lightly whipped and beat together the eggs and banana - then I added 3/4 of a teaspoon of ginger powder, and about two teaspoons of allspice - then added the 1/4 cup of vegetable oil and 3/4 cup of coconut milk and beat it all together until smooth. 

So I took a simple carob mix and added banana, ginger and allspice ...  baked in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes and ta da  ...

 Banana Carob Ginger cupcakes ... all within a half an hour :)

THAT I just have to love ... gluten free dairy free and scrumptious ... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment